Update added by user Jul 05
In addition to the information provided already, the day of the wedding the zipper kept jumping off track.We would unzip and then zip it up again.
The zipper kept splitting and messing up. 10 minutes before I was to walk down the aisle the zipper completely jumped off track and broke. I had to walk down the aisle with safety pins holding the dress up because of the poorly made quality of the dress and the zipper.
This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with David's Bridal and its enough to never want to go back again!!!The dress was a disaster and they are not helpful at all no matter how many times I have reached out to them!
Original review posted by user Jun 30
I do not like to give bad reviews but I feel it is necessary for this past experience and this dress.I ordered this dress (Style: F17063
One shoulder lace and mesh dress) two months in advance.
I tried the dress on in the store and had to order it because they didn't have the horizon color I needed. The order came in within a few weeks. It was less than they quoted me which was great. The wedding is this weekend and this past weekend I went to put the dress on to get it altered because I knew since I am only 5'1 that I would need it cut a little at the bottom.
To my surprise, the dress does not fit very well. It was extremely too tight in the bust area and I looked like a sumo wrestler. I tried on my previous bridesmaid dress I wore (size 12 from Davids bridal) to make sure I hadn't gained extra weight in that area and it fit fine. I realized this dress is either not a size 12 or it was made too small.
I could not zip it. In addition I noticed that the mesh looks bad. Its fuzzy and not well put together at all. I didn't remember the mesh part looking so bad.
You could see a lot of white underneath the blue mesh as if they hurried to piece this together. I decided to call and see if I can get a newer dress (I had not worn the dress yet just tried it on). I talked to a rude sale representative who seemed as if she had better things to do other than talk to me. I asked her if I could reorder the dress and drop this dress off in the store or send it back because it was poorly made and was not the right size.
The lady told me I would have to pay again for the new dress, wait to have the shipping label sent to me then I can send in the old dress, once they get it then they will send out the next dress. This was not helpful as I needed a new dress in a week , I was willing to pay for expedited shipping, but she told me David's Bridal is not like other wedding stores where they will accommodate you and exchange the dress but instead Davids Bridal has a policy that you have to reorder the new dress, send back the old dress, wait until they receive everything, then they will send out a new dress and refund me for the old one.
I think its important for people to know that this dress may look good in the store, online, or when you first try it on, but when you order it the product is sloppily made, falling apart, and they company does not work with you to help you in the end.I would not suggest this dress for any occasion or David's Bridal anymore after this.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Seemed like i was very unimportant
- Horrible customer service
- Return or exchange policy
- Dress was rushed and made poorly
- Way they treated me
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- F17063 One Shoulder Lace And Mesh Dress
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "The Blair VIP Plus program is a complete scam. I have been charged twice on my card for a charge of $14.95 for the VIP Plus program that promised to..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "I order a blue jumper( with other items) as attached photo with pattern on it as first photo. 6 weeks later or I got a blue jumper but totally different..."
- "My wife almost got killed when the fifth wheel plate broke off from faulty welding now my lawyer and I can't get ahold of them..."
- "Carl the manager does not care about his residential clients. After 2 weeks of saying my lawn was dead, the manager, Carl, finally came out. He told me..."
- "I bought an Arizona Arnold Palmer Half and Half Lite today at a grocery store in Chicago. When I got home and went to open it I noticed the..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."