Update added by user Jul 05, 2016
In addition to the information provided already, the day of the wedding the zipper kept jumping off track.We would unzip and then zip it up again.
The zipper kept splitting and messing up. 10 minutes before I was to walk down the aisle the zipper completely jumped off track and broke. I had to walk down the aisle with safety pins holding the dress up because of the poorly made quality of the dress and the zipper.
This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with David's Bridal and its enough to never want to go back again!!!The dress was a disaster and they are not helpful at all no matter how many times I have reached out to them!
Original review posted by user Jun 30, 2016
I do not like to give bad reviews but I feel it is necessary for this past experience and this dress.I ordered this dress (Style: F17063
One shoulder lace and mesh dress) two months in advance.
I tried the dress on in the store and had to order it because they didn't have the horizon color I needed. The order came in within a few weeks. It was less than they quoted me which was great. The wedding is this weekend and this past weekend I went to put the dress on to get it altered because I knew since I am only 5'1 that I would need it cut a little at the bottom.
To my surprise, the dress does not fit very well. It was extremely too tight in the bust area and I looked like a sumo wrestler. I tried on my previous bridesmaid dress I wore (size 12 from Davids bridal) to make sure I hadn't gained extra weight in that area and it fit fine. I realized this dress is either not a size 12 or it was made too small.
I could not zip it. In addition I noticed that the mesh looks bad. Its fuzzy and not well put together at all. I didn't remember the mesh part looking so bad.
You could see a lot of white underneath the blue mesh as if they hurried to piece this together. I decided to call and see if I can get a newer dress (I had not worn the dress yet just tried it on). I talked to a rude sale representative who seemed as if she had better things to do other than talk to me. I asked her if I could reorder the dress and drop this dress off in the store or send it back because it was poorly made and was not the right size.
The lady told me I would have to pay again for the new dress, wait to have the shipping label sent to me then I can send in the old dress, once they get it then they will send out the next dress. This was not helpful as I needed a new dress in a week , I was willing to pay for expedited shipping, but she told me David's Bridal is not like other wedding stores where they will accommodate you and exchange the dress but instead Davids Bridal has a policy that you have to reorder the new dress, send back the old dress, wait until they receive everything, then they will send out a new dress and refund me for the old one.
I think its important for people to know that this dress may look good in the store, online, or when you first try it on, but when you order it the product is sloppily made, falling apart, and they company does not work with you to help you in the end.I would not suggest this dress for any occasion or David's Bridal anymore after this.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Seemed like i was very unimportant
- Horrible customer service
- Return or exchange policy
- Dress was rushed and made poorly
- Way they treated me
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am not happy with the David's Bridal return policy. Recently my friend's wedding was officially canceled. They were suppose to get married back in Feb, but the groom was..."
- "I had posted a Louis Vuitton belt (brand new WITHOUT tags) on Tradesy. Immedietly, a woman was interested in the belt and i lowered the price for her so it'd..."
- "The Blair VIP Plus program is a complete scam. I have been charged twice on my card for a charge of $14.95 for the VIP Plus program that promised to..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "Today I sent my 3 nieces who were visiting me for the weekend to my neighborhood family dollars witch is located on 87th Racine to be returned without any items..."
- "Ours is 2 years old and lumpy!!! I wrote to Simmons and sent pictures--never heard back. What recourse do we have? Over $1000 spent!..."
- "I purchased a blue and white floral dress online. Money was taken out of my account. I watched my mailbox for months witing for it to arrive and it never..."