1.6

My future daughter-in-law and I went to David's Bridal and purchased a wedding dress.

The staff not only wrote down the wrong number for the dress - they also charged the wrong amount. The wrong dress arrived and the BURLINGTON, WA store Manager spent 15 - 20 minutes trying to convince my daughter-in-law that she did not recognize her dress. My daughter-in-law had to prove to the manager (Laura Williams) that it was NOT her dress by showing pictures of her in the dress at David's Bridal from the day we purchased the dress. Finally, the manager said that the "right" dress would cost more. The manager had to contact "corporate" to get approval to re-order the RIGHT dress for the RIGHT amount. The manager could not immediately contact "corporate offices" as they were closed for the weekend. The manager said she would contact us after she worked with corporate offices. Monday or Tuesday.

My daughter-in-law came home in tears.

Not waiting for her contact, on Monday we went into the Burlington store and the manager offered a 20% discount, lied to us twice about her "weekend" corporate contact, and never admitted that the fault was in the Burlington store's inability to price and order the appropriate dress.

On Monday, the manager, Laura Williams' ineptitude absolutely destroyed what should be the best part of wedding planning. She lied about working with the corporate office throughout the weekend (after telling us she could do nothing until Monday), then lied about pushing the wrong dress as if my daughter-in-law would not recognize the dress she purchased. After waiting for twenty plus minutes to even see the manager, Ms Williams then applied juvenile tactics to push though a "re-sale" at a higher price without admitting responsibility for the "mix-up". The only thing she apologized for was stated as "sorry for you feeling....." she never finishing the sentence, never took responsibility for their mistake, and never showed any level of professionalism at any moment during the Monday interaction.

Bottom line, the Burlington, WA store ordered the wrong dress, for the wrong price which glaringly showed their incompetence, ineptitude, and their lack of professionalism. After all of that the manager then expected us to happily pay more for the original dress that THEY priced wrong, order wrong and then advanced lies about. Ms Williams, is NOT management material, nor professional, nor personable. Shame on David's Bridal for forgoing the hiring process to include such an angry, inept person to ANY level of management much less employment with any company dependent on customer service.

We purchased a wedding dress from another company and will NEVER recommend The Burlington, WA David's Bridal store to ANYONE as the Manager, Laura Williams is a liar, and NEVER took responsibility.

Review about: Davids Bridal Wedding Dress.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Didnt have promised item, Store manager.

Comments