The pay is minimum wage, so everyone is struggling to make commission, the commission is absolutely horrible and not even worth the amount of time and work you put in with each customer. When you are hired, they lie to you and make it sound like you get commission on every sale. Definitely not! To make base commission of 1% you need to sell at least $150 an hour.
Enough about that though, CUSTOMERS LISTEN UP! You are literally a walking $ when you come through that door, if your wedding is more than a year away, expect *** service, because we want to close the deal and make the sale and usually brides who come in that much in advance aren't going to buy. Also, management tells us to put every bride in at LEAST 1 couture gown, doesn't matter if your budget is only $300. It's all about upselling. I personally would be pissed if someone did that to me, so I never did it to a bride and trust me, I would get heat about it from mgmt. At every meeting we are told, "get em in and get em out and sell them the whole package" If we don't sell a bride, management is down our throats. I literally had a manager tell me to not let a single customer walk out the store without buying, she would actually make us go get her to close the deal if we needed! Horrible place!
If you come on a Sat with no appt. we will take you, but expect REALLY *** service. We have to give our appts more of our time, sometimes even they don't get the best service because we are helping 2 or 3 brides at a time. Forget it if one of the brides brought her bridal party of 5...We go most of the day without being able to take a lunch. And a break, what's that? It's non stop for us. I actually use to LOVE the job when I started, mgmt was quick to take that away though. It's was all about the money and not the experience. If you truly want to give a bride an experience then you have to work with one at a time. Of course davids can't make money that way so they give us 2 or 3 at a time. This is why your service isn't great. Go on a monday or Tuesday WITH an appt and you may have better luck. But do yourself a favor if you can, go somewhere else! All of the consultants would even say that they would never shop at davids.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!! I don't usually write reviews, however this website deserves one. I had four girls purchase bridesmaids dresses for my wedding because the pictures online look amazing. Although, when..."
- "Bought these boots maybe a year or so ago. Wore once in Dec 2014 to plow snow on tractor. Noticed black powder on floor, thought it was dirt. Today..."
- "Ordered a dress and used the size chart provided as a guide and the dress adverised is on the right, the one I recieved is on left...it is not a..."
- "SOMETHINGSPHISHY------------------------------------------------ />Order Number: 19011Detailed Invoice: https://www.somethingsphishy.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=19011Date Ordered: Sunday 22 September, 2013The comments for your order areAFTER REVEIWING YOUR E-MAILS FROM THE LAST ORDER, WE HAVE DECIDED TO NOT DO BUSINESS..."
- "As a frequent and loyal customer I have found to have had a problem with Monster Energy Drinks. Last night I did my nightly workout routine. I got home and..."
- "This is what I sent to Sears:I stopped by store #1027 needing to buy some batteries for my drill. On the shelf there were 3 boxes for a 2-pack Compact..."
- "Costumer service is HORRIBLE!!!! I recently ordered 500 business cards and they came back blurry, almost as if they were in 3D. There phones are down and the online chat does..."
- "Don't trust this site.. They are number 1 fraud. They play with sentiments of customers. They won't deliver your items in time. My order was supposed to get on 19..."
- "This is one of your stores in Birmingham Alabama on Tuscaloosa Ave I just went into this location just now at 7:32 pm Monday sept 26, 2016 and all I..."