Cedar Springs, Michigan

Recently I went to Davids Bridal to try on wedding dresses.When I walked up to the front desk associate and told her that I needed to try on wedding dresses she insulted me by asking me where my daughter was!

Granted I am in my 40s and this is my second marriage but she shouldn't have just assumed. That was no big issue but things got worse. The consultant who was assigned to me was also performing several other duties at the same time and I was often stuck in the waiting room waiting for her to come back. She wasn't concerned at all in giving me privacy while trying on dresses.

She insisted I needed a size larger then what they had in stock.

I ordered it and it was delivered later then I was told it would be.It was way too large and now I am stuck with it because they will not take it back!

Had an Experience with Davids Bridal?

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #173105

Had the same experience

I can't blame you for being pissed.It doesn't matter how old you are, you are a bride!

I would have felt hurt, then pissed. Also, the consultant should give each customer her undivided attention. You are planning for a very special day AND the consultant is going to make a commission off of your purchases so that alone should motivate her to be more helpful.

I am sorry you experienced this on top of them getting your dress screwed up.I hope you have a beautiful wedding!

makesyougohmmm

One of the things that I find most interesting about sites like this is how quickly [and thoroughly] people complain about their services or experience without first checking to see how their attitudes affect their overall experience.

How many people act like bridezillas or are just plan rude and/or allow their people [bridesmaids, mothers, friends, whoever] to be just plain abusive to another human being just because they think being proposed to makes this special.

I too have a negative experience at David's Bridal. Mine went like this. I made an appointment for Saturday. I was told on the phone it would busy and I may have to share my consultant, but the was the only day I could get two friends in so I came.

It was no biggie to me. I completely understand that at is heart, David's Bridal is a retail store-a special retail store-but a retail store nonetheless. And just like Macy's can become crowded on a busy Saturday it made sense to me that so too could David's Bridal. And just like at a doctor office on a busy day, appointments may run long. I was okay with the idea that I may have to wait for my appointment.

I was just excited about my wedding and wanted to take in the whole experience. I got to my appointment on time, but my friends weren't there yet I asked if I could wait. They asked me to register, but since I registered online I didn't have to fill out the paperwork. I did hear a girl complaining about doing so. That should...

My friend picked up one of the dress to ask me what I thought. We were told that we could not handle the dresses because they are sold off the rack and only the consultants are allowed to handle them. I was told when I got my consultant, if I liked the dress, she could take it to the fitting room for me.

The girl who said this wasn't rude, she was just matter of fact. I got my consultant. She was friendly and upbeat. When I was told that I would have to share my consultant with another bride, I was okay with that.

However, guess who my bride was. she was the girl who was at the desk complaining about the registration process. And she was not at all pleased that she had to share me. She and her sister complained about it the whole time she tried on dress.

But that was just the beginning. She was rude and a nasty and her sister was way worst. However, the consultant I had remained pleasant despite this.

I noticed that the other bride's family, bridesmaids or whoever she was with kept bringing dresses after dresses back to the fitting room. The consultant asked them to stop, but the didn't. The sister even snapped at the consultant, yet the girl was still very pleasant, but I could see she was stressed.

I felt so bad for her. She was trying her best to juggle both of us at the same time and still remain upbeat. The other bride's sister who absolute flat out refused to go sit outside so she remained standing at the fitting room door--would contradict everything the consultant said about anything. But the consultant remained tactful.

I have to say I was impressed at her professionalism because it so couldn't have been me. I so wanted to tell that girl to shut up and let the poor girl do her job.

Then there was the fact that every time my consultant came to help me, the other bride would call to her. It was like the woman was determined not to share.

It got so bad, I decided to cut short my appointment. As I was in the fitting room getting dress to leave I could hear the bride and her sister complaining about the consultant being *** and rude and pushy, even using profanity about the poor girl.

That angered me. I was there. I heard the consultant trying hard to please both me and the other bride. It was a shame, but I just knew when those women left they were going to complain about the girl--probably to the manager or on some site just like this. So I made a point to go to the manager and tell her what a good job the girl had done and I made a point to fill out a survey and call customer service.

It just goes to show that sometimes it's not the consultants or the people in the store, but how rude we as consumers can be because we think we are entitled to certain things and we live and breathe that customer is always right bull.

Just as a side note, I made another appointment with my consultant during the week. It was quieter [a tidbit of information I got as my consultant walked me to the door] and the bride I shared my consultant with this time was much nicer.

After things were all said an done. I wrote a nice letter about my experience praising the staff. Because one of the things that gets my goat and that I find so interesting how little people are willing to be so thorough when they receive quality service.

It's like when things go outside of how people thinks things should go, they want to tell the world, scream, rant and rave. But when things go well no one says a word. So I said I am letting everyone I know, know just how pleasant my experience was.

Moral to this story ladies...sure bad things happen and sometimes people are just plain rude. But let's check ourselves. Let's make sure we leave our bridal egos at the door and walk inside these stores wanting to be just as respectful to them as we think they should be to us.