Last weekend my friend's wedding was called off due to personal reasons between her and the ex-fiance. She purchased her gown from David's Bridal the end of November and the store told her the dress would be in, in 15 weeks. Ten days later my friend got a phone call stating that her dress was in.

1. The time frame was unacceptable as she was not prepared to pick it up, much less have a place to store it.

2. She was pressure into getting alterations the day she arrived to pick up the dress even though her wedding was still 11 months away.

Now that the wedding has been called off she has not reason to keep the dress and since David's Bridal is a nationally known store where they mass produce dress she is stuck with a wedding dress that just brings terrible memories.

David's Bridal needs to rethink their return policy and I know my friend is currently working with management and writing letters to corporate in order to get this over turned. The return policy with David's Bridal discriminates towards customers who purchase a dress in the store b/c if she had purchased it online she would not have had any trouble in returning.

If she gets married again it won't be a dress purchased from David's Bridal.

Review about: Davids Bridal Dress.

Had an Experience with Davids Bridal?

Comments

mimiscorner

Yep, Kristin, I am a David's employee.Imagine all the idiotic things we see.

All over the store, during the transaction etc. it says ALL SALES FINAL. Period. Final Sales.

It is not a corporations responsibilty to take back items purchased because the wedding is called off.

You are shopping for very expensive items, that have limited shelf life, and brides do not want to buy a dress from someone else.we are not a consignment shop.

WHY IS IT DAVIDS BRIDAL'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE BACK THE DRESS. IT IS POSTED ALL OVER THE STORE ALL SALES FINAL. WHAT PART DON'T U GET?

:upset :( :?

She did not get alternations done that day.She put her foot down when it came to that.

We are working on getting it sold and sending a letter to DB.

I know things will work out for her she will find happiness again.Thank you for your comments.

That sucks about your friend.Davids bridal almost screwed up my wedding by making a mistake in placing the order and weren't going to get my dress in by when they promised and I refuse to take the dress and demanded they refund me for not meeting their side of the deal.

It took a week of non stop fighting with the store and corporate but it was worth it to not have to go through them. They should at least be respectful and let her return the veil and accessories if she has them. Your friend should email dbcares@dbi.com and maybe shell have better luck. I hope she finds happiness.

And davids bridal doesn't care about you once they get there money. They make commission so if you already paid them in full like they force you to they don't care when you need something or have inquiries about your dress.

And all these people mistreating and writing nasty replies most likely work at davids bridal..

#419151

what bridal shop in the world would be in business if they allowed returns?Notice, I said shop, not online.

People would be returning their dresses left and right for the cash - maybe because their wedding got called off, maybe because they have buyers remorse, or even because the wedding is over and they don't need it anymore.

Now, as to your friend, I'm assuming that since she's getting married, she's an adult and able to make decisions for herself.

Nobody forced her to have alterations done, she agreed to it.If she didn't want to do it, she should have and could have said no - pure and simple.

They may mass produce them, but since she had alterations done to it then that is probably why cause then they can't sell it

Why couldn't our friend write the complaint themselves? They don't have the guts to do it.