I purchased a wedding gown from David's Bridal in Monroe, Louisiana in November 2007. The wedding is an elopement to California in February 2008. I need my wedding gown shipped to the hotel where we are staying in CA, and when I purchased the dress, the staff at David's Bridal offered to package and ship the dress to CA via UPS at my cost.

I asked that when they packaged the dress they could include in the shipment my wedding shoes which were not purchased at David's incidentally.

They refused to package and ship the dress along with the shoes because they weren't bought from David's.

Keep in mind that I'M paying for the shipping, not David's, so it makes no sense to me that they'd refuse to simply include a pair of shoes in the same package containing a $500 dress I purchased from David's.

Review about: Davids Bridal Dress.

Had an Experience with Davids Bridal?

Comments

Karori, Wellington, New Zealand #59357

There's no "bad publicity", so don't worry CamilleTheCat.

You just came across to everyone looking like an angry ***.

Karori, Wellington, New Zealand #59356

There's no "bad publicity", so don't worry CamilleTheCat.

You just came across to everyone looking like an angry ***.

CamilleTheCat

Gee, if only the consultants at David's Bridal, Monroe, LA had explained to me what Val, Ash and Kelly did below, then my post wouldn't have appeared at this website to start with.

But, in my case, all I got from the consultant was a flat "No, we won't ship for you." She didn't bother with an explanation which ultimately warranted my complaint here.

How unfortunate. If only the consultant took a few extra minutes to explain her reasoning to me, this bad publicity for the David's Bridal, Monroe, LA location would have never appeared.

As a wedding planner I have to agree with David's Bridal...I know if it was my Boutique or shop I wouldn't Package something for someone that wasn't bought here.

I (David's Bridal) can't be responsible for any damages or lost of items during shipment that was not Purchased there...Can't blame them.

Armonk, New York, United States #17678

its only common sense.if something happens to the dress, we can easily replace it since its Davids Bridal merchandise.

if something happens to your shoes we obviously can't replace those.so keep that in mind

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #9126

Stay far far away from Davids Bridal if you want to buy a dress just read the comments on complaint. com and that will change your mind quick.. :(

Scarsdale, New York, United States #5640

they won't ship outside merchandise because if anything happened to that shipment they can't be responsible for anything that is not theirs