The pay is minimum wage, so everyone is struggling to make commission, the commission is absolutely horrible and not even worth the amount of time and work you put in with each customer. When you are hired, they lie to you and make it sound like you get commission on every sale. Definitely not! To make base commission of 1% you need to sell at least $150 an hour.
Enough about that though, CUSTOMERS LISTEN UP! You are literally a walking $ when you come through that door, if your wedding is more than a year away, expect *** service, because we want to close the deal and make the sale and usually brides who come in that much in advance aren't going to buy. Also, management tells us to put every bride in at LEAST 1 couture gown, doesn't matter if your budget is only $300. It's all about upselling. I personally would be pissed if someone did that to me, so I never did it to a bride and trust me, I would get heat about it from mgmt. At every meeting we are told, "get em in and get em out and sell them the whole package" If we don't sell a bride, management is down our throats. I literally had a manager tell me to not let a single customer walk out the store without buying, she would actually make us go get her to close the deal if we needed! Horrible place!
If you come on a Sat with no appt. we will take you, but expect REALLY *** service. We have to give our appts more of our time, sometimes even they don't get the best service because we are helping 2 or 3 brides at a time. Forget it if one of the brides brought her bridal party of 5...We go most of the day without being able to take a lunch. And a break, what's that? It's non stop for us. I actually use to LOVE the job when I started, mgmt was quick to take that away though. It's was all about the money and not the experience. If you truly want to give a bride an experience then you have to work with one at a time. Of course davids can't make money that way so they give us 2 or 3 at a time. This is why your service isn't great. Go on a monday or Tuesday WITH an appt and you may have better luck. But do yourself a favor if you can, go somewhere else! All of the consultants would even say that they would never shop at davids.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I do not like to give bad reviews but I feel it is necessary for this past experience and this dress. I ordered this dress (Style: F17063 One shoulder lace and..."
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "I ORDER 2 GLOWING CHARGER IPHONE CABLE,.... TOUCH OR MODERN.... THE REASON IS: THEY MAKE THE PICTURE REALLY NICE AND THE CABLE LOOKS LONG, BUT IT ARRIVE AND IT IS..."
- "I WAS PAYING AT THE REGISTER AND THE CASHIER WANTED ME TO SAMPLE SOME PERFUME, I TOLD HER "No thank you, I'm allergic to perfume." SO WHEN I GOT HOME..."
- "This is what i call shady and unethical business. The first thing that pops up on the pass4sure website is a promotion discounting your purchase. Now lets all be honest..."
- "i had a problem w a compressor bought at the brickyard store,i know i had no recepit it was years of course,neither they had in the sistem,but the arrogance,prepotente,discrimitating,humilliating way..."
- "Dr. Luz Marely Garcia Alvarez BaitSwitched/Drugged/Butchered/x/ and then tried to Blackmail me into silence. The last picture are of my natural teeth, which I wanted straighter and whiter. However, I..."
- "I will tell you - company support is horrible. Company game is full of bugs. And most of all, they punish others for their own incompetence. I've played close to..."