Davids Bridal - I would rather work at Burger King than David's! Horrible place!!
The pay is minimum wage, so everyone is struggling to make commission, the commission is absolutely horrible and not even worth the amount of time and work you put in with each customer. When you are hired, they lie to you and make it sound like you get commission on every sale. Definitely not! To make base commission of 1% you need to sell at least $150 an hour.
Enough about that though, CUSTOMERS LISTEN UP! You are literally a walking $ when you come through that door, if your wedding is more than a year away, expect *** service, because we want to close the deal and make the sale and usually brides who come in that much in advance aren't going to buy. Also, management tells us to put every bride in at LEAST 1 couture gown, doesn't matter if your budget is only $300. It's all about upselling. I personally would be pissed if someone did that to me, so I never did it to a bride and trust me, I would get heat about it from mgmt. At every meeting we are told, "get em in and get em out and sell them the whole package" If we don't sell a bride, management is down our throats. I literally had a manager tell me to not let a single customer walk out the store without buying, she would actually make us go get her to close the deal if we needed! Horrible place!
If you come on a Sat with no appt. we will take you, but expect REALLY *** service. We have to give our appts more of our time, sometimes even they don't get the best service because we are helping 2 or 3 brides at a time. Forget it if one of the brides brought her bridal party of 5...We go most of the day without being able to take a lunch. And a break, what's that? It's non stop for us. I actually use to LOVE the job when I started, mgmt was quick to take that away though. It's was all about the money and not the experience. If you truly want to give a bride an experience then you have to work with one at a time. Of course davids can't make money that way so they give us 2 or 3 at a time. This is why your service isn't great. Go on a monday or Tuesday WITH an appt and you may have better luck. But do yourself a favor if you can, go somewhere else! All of the consultants would even say that they would never shop at davids.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am member of the Find A Grave forums, but probably not for much longer. On September 26, 2009, under the thread: Subject line reaction was the following joke:..."
- "I ordered personalized chocolate bars from Davids Bridal on line. I wrote Brian and Susan on the first line. I wrote THANK YOU on the second line and FOR COMING..."
- "I ordered the 8 tier cake stand from Efavormart. I was billed by Yaya Creations, and the Tablecloths factory delivered the product. This company has many different companys which should..."
- "After receiving Wen as a gift, I was very intrigued and excited about getting this awesome new item, that was suppose to ease the frizz and make your hair more..."
- "2006 Suzuki sent back to dealer for repair. Itmes claimed repaired were not repaired. Problem: Auto overheating. Repais shop claimed they replaced water pump but auto..."
- "I placed My very first order on Dec.6th. Went to check the status. And he said it was cancelled. I didn't cancel the order. Now I have to wait for..."
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "Aenean viverra rhoncus pede. Phasellus volutpat, metus eget egestas mollis, lacus lacus blandit dui, id egestas quam mauris ut lacus. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vestibulum facilisis, purus nec pulvinar..."
- "The item I purchased wasn't as pictured online. The online picture appeared as a dirty gray/dark shirt with a black print on front. The item arrived as a..."